How to Prevent a Bladder Infection
Natural Remedy for Bladder Infection
How to prevent a bladder infection….
Over 20 percent of women develop a bladder infection each year and some women are prone to recurring infections. Therefore, many people have looked for information on how to prevent a bladder infection and with good reason, as this can be an extremely painful and annoying experience. However, we would be remiss if we did not state that men too get this miserable infection.
In our opinion the best way to deal with urinary track infections is through prevention, especially if you're prone to recurrent infections. Moreover, if you're prone to recurrent infections addressing the symptoms of this condition is just not enough.
Although antibiotics, which are what conventional medicine generally use to treat urinary tract infections can quickly put an end to a bladder infection by killing the bacteria that causes it, prevention has to be a part of the overall treatment plan.
Unfortunately, mainstay conventional treatments, meaning using antibiotics do not have the prevention part down and may even bring about a worse problem. On the other hand, choosing natural treatments, prevention is also considered and, as such, makes it a much more attractive choice.
However, it is also important to note that recurrent bladder infections may be a sign of a more serious problem so a physician examination is recommended to ensure there are no possible underlying problems.
Before we begin discussing the topic of this web page, which is how to prevent a bladder infection, we need to touch upon the growing concern about antibiotic therapy.
Indeed, antibiotics certainly do have their place in treating bladder infections, especially for persistent and/or painful infections. However, there are also draw backs to them as well. The draw backs of resorting to antibiotics too often are as follows:
According to the very well renowned "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" (Third Edition) by Phyllis Balch, CNC:
"Antibiotics disturb the normal internal flora and may actually promote recurrent infections by promoting the development of antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria. In fact, because antibiotics have been widely over prescribed over the years, many of the bacteria in our bodies are now resistant to common antibiotics, such as sulfa drugs and tetracycline. This forces doctors to resort to more powerful and potentially more dangerous antibiotics that pose a greater risk of adverse reactions and side effects."
With that being said, we feel that the best way to combat bladder infections is through a natural approach if possible. Of course, a better approach it not to get them at all.
How to Prevent a Bladder Infection
1. Drink at least eight 8-ounces of water daily. Water promotes urination and urine flushes out bacteria from the urinary tract. Therefore, it helps to prevent infections. In addition, do not delay emptying the bladder.
2. For some women sexual intercourse may be the cause of the development of a bladder infection. As such, cleansing the vagina and penis before and after sexual intercourse can help to prevent infection.
It also helps to empty the bladder before and after sexual intercourse.
Why is this important?
It can help to flush out bacteria before sex as well as flush out any bacteria that entered the body during sexual intercourse.
3. Wear white cotton underwear or panties with a cotton gusset. Avoid nylon underwear.
4. Avoid feminine hygiene sprays, scented douches, bubble baths, scented tampons, scented sanitary napkins, and scented toilet paper. These products contain chemicals and are not beneficial to female health.
5. Another excellent way on how to prevent a bladder infection is to consume pure, unsweetened cranberry juice. However, there are other berries, such as blueberry and the bearberry that are also effective remedies. As such, they too fall under the topic of how to prevent a bladder infection.
6. Always keep the genital and anal areas clean and dry. Women should always wipe from front to back after a bowel movement or after emptying the bladder.
7. Women who use diaphragms are more susceptible to bladder infections, compared to women who use other forms of birth control. As such, you may want to consider other contraceptive options as part of your quest in how to prevent a bladder infection.
8. During menstruation, change tampons or sanitary napkins often to help avoid any possible bacterial growth from blood. In fact, if you suffer from frequent bladder infections, use sanitary napkins rather than tampons.
9. Boost your intake of celery, parsley, and watermelon as these foods act as natural diuretics and cleansers.
10. Optimal immune function health is also vital in both fighting and preventing all bacterial disorders. Therefore, if you suffer from recurrent infections you may want to seriously consider an immune system boosting supplement.
Bladder Infection Prevention Product
Natural Remedy for Bladder Infection Product
We here at Nutritional Supplement Educational Centre are strong advocates on prevention, which is why we wrote this how to prevent a bladder infection web-page.
However, there are times prevention requires the help of supplements due to recurrent infection susceptibility.
After years of extensive research, we here at Nutritional-Supplement-Educational-Centre personally take an all-in-one highly sophisticated comprehensive multi-nutrient product called Total Balance from Xtend-Life Natural Products to help keep our immune system strong and to ensure our immune system is functioning at its best.
More specifically, Total Balance contains over 70 specialized nutrients that the body needs for optimium 'whole' body health, including brain, immunity, digestive, nervous system, skin, and all vital organs health.
Total Balance not only contains immune boosting nutrients such as vitamins A (as mixed natural carotenoids consisting of Alpha-Carotene, Beta-Carotene and Xanthophylls), vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, and selenium, but also other powerhouse immune boosting ingredients like Beta glucan and olive leaf extract. Plus, you reap the benefits of other nutrients needed for optimum 'whole' body health.
Total Balance is formulated by a highly credentialed scientific team that can blend these ingredients perfectly to ensure maximum benefits, but as importantly that do not interact adversely. Xtend-Life also uses only standardized herbal extracts, the purest herbal extracts with the highest quality and therapeutic benefits, and they adhere to strict pharmaceutical GMP compliance, which is the toughest in the industry.
Should your immune system need an extra boost we highly recommend taking Total Balance along with Xtend Life’s Immu-Stay.
Lastly, all the ingredients in Xtend-Life Natural Products are supported with a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on file and, in addition, the company does a series of crosschecks before purchasing any raw ingredients that guarantees their potency and safety.
We have been taking Total Balance for several years now and can personally attest to its excellent results such as significantly more energy, vitality, and an improved sense of well being.
However, always discuss natural treatments and pharmaceuticals with your physician before making a decision on which one to choose. If your condition has already progressed, pharmaceuticals may be your best course of action at that point.
We hope this webpage discussing how to prevent a bladder infection was useful to you.
To Your Health!
Much more than How to Prevent a Bladder Infection can be found at our Home Page